Friday 15 June 2012

Beauty Bargains at Superdrug and Boots

Popped down to my local shopping centre with my mum earlier on today and thought i'd put up what i purchased.


Nothing special or amazing, apart from the prices which i'll get on to further down, but sometimes it's nice to just see what the shops have in stock and window shop instead of purchasing loads (which i wish i could do and subsequently have to stop myself from doing when i go shopping).

You're probably thinking why I picked up three shower gels, no it's not because i am smelly, but because i am absolutely in love with Original Source Showers Gels; not only do they smell amazing but they use natural fragrances and essential oils so they don't irritate my eczema like most shower gels that smell like Original Source do. I rely on the lemon and tea tree and lime gels to give me an extra early morning boost and the shea butter and honey gel is so soothing and comforting, lovely on a cold day. The best part of the purchase is that these were 99p each. Yep, Superdrug have Original Source discounted from the regular price of £2.29 for a 250ml bottle to just 99p. What a bargain! I am so tempted to pick up more. If you haven't tried them yet go to your local Superdrug and give them a sniff, they smell so good. There is such a variety of scents you're sure to find one you like and for 99p you can hardly go wrong!

My next bargain is a £1 Mascara from Boots. I was pleasantly surprised when i received my monthly Boots Advantage Card Vouchers to see one of the vouchers entitled me to get a 17 Wild Curls Mascara which normally retails for £6.29 for just £1! I love my bargains and this was one i was not going to turn down. I tried the mascara when i got home and i have to say it's not that bad. It's slightly gloopy but it gives good enough coverage and some volume and i'm not going to complain when i got it for a pound. If you haven't got a Boots Advantage Card i highly recommend you get one. They are free to apply for, you can get great deals with the vouchers they send you and the points quickly add up which you can then use to purchase products from Boots.

Which brings me to my last purchase Argania Organic Moroccan Argan Hair Oil. The ends of my hair are in such a state from bleaching them they need a lot of conditioning and treating to keep them from looking and feeling frazzled. I have heard nothing but good things about Argan Oil so it's been on my shopping radar for a while now and when i seen i had enough Advantage Card points to pay for one i sweeped a bottle lovingly into my arms and marched over to the till waving my Advantage Card at the assistant. I was itching to smell it for the duration of my shopping trip and as soon as my foot was through my front door the lid was off. It's has wonderful warm vanilla-ry tones that are so subtle you could easily use it on not only dry hair but on your skin too. I say this as some hair treatments such as Ojon tend to have a strong, almost overwhelming fragrance which can be off putting to some but you can use this without feeling like your smelling whole rooms up.

Now i'm off to get my makeup kit sorted and relax for the evening as i've got to be up bright and early, 6.30 am to be precise, to assist at a wedding.

Have you tried any of these products? Got any great bargains over the past few weeks? Have you got a Boots card? Let me know your thoughts and opinions!

2 comments: