Sunday 10 June 2012

Time Flies...

After reading through this i've really just how long this post is. Sorry!

Can you believe it's been four months since i last blogged. Where does the time go?! I have had a pretty busy past few months. Full of make up courses, acting classes and now driving lessons (eep!).

Also found a love for cooking food so i'm always in the kitchen when i can rustling something up. Absolutely loving Chinese cuisine at the moment especially now that I have Gok Wan's cook book which is full of simple but tasty dishes. I have stocked up on all the main sauces and seasonings used for oriental cuisine which are Light Soy Sauce, Dark Soy Sauce, Oyster Sauce, Fish Sauce, Sesame Oil, Groundnut Oil,  Shaoxing Rice Wine and Rice Vinegar according to Gok. If you are interested in cooking then Chinese is a good cuisine to start with as most recipes share similar ingredients and they don't take long to make. The hardest part is finding a good shop to purchase your ingredients. If you live in SE London i suggested you try FLK Chinese Groceries in Catford, a small but well stocked shop run by a lovely lady named Lai.

Been on a bit of a health kick recently which i think was triggered since quite a few family and friends have taken ill. I've always been kind of aware of  health, good food and exercise but for the first time i've really thought about my body and how i treat it. I am trying to drink more water (i have been known to go a whole day without it) and I try to eat as much fruit and vegetables possible and make them my main source of nutrition and then add on things like meats, nuts, noodles, rice, cous cous and quinoa as 'extras' or 'sides'. I'm not super strict with what i eat as i'll end up rebelling so i just make sure to eat 'good foods' 80% of the time and the other 20% i'll eat whatever i feel like eating.

A great way of introducing more fruit and veg into your diet is making smoothies and juices. I use the magic bullet to blend my fruit and veg to make smoothies. The great thing is you can really go to town and blend whatever you want together. I love mixing apple, carrot and fresh ginger to make a refreshing, zingy drink and you can't go wrong with mixing berries.

Exercise wise i try to get 30 - 45 minutes of cardio/strength a day to get my blood pumping and my muscles moving. I don't follow one specific plan as i get bored and demotivated really quick when it comes to exercising so i switch it up everyday. I have some workout dvds by Jillian Michaels and Davina McCall which kick butt literally and figuratively. Youtube is an amazing source of workout videos; some of my fav channels are Tone It Up, Blogilates, Fitness Blender, Tiffany Rothe, Be Fit and Spark People.  They offer a wide range of exercises for all levels of fitness so check them out!

Been thinking a lot about my future recently and what i want to do with my life and haven't got too far really haha. But on a serious note i feel like it's something many people struggle with and can be a source of great stress and confusion (it is for me at least!) I've always been interested in a wide range of things so i never really know what career path to follow. One day i'll wake up and want to be an actress, or a make up artist, then a fashion designer, interior designer, a writer, maybe an artist and even a scientist! So you can see my dilemma. After being out of education for a few years my want to learn has come back with some force. I've been thinking about doing an undergraduate degree with The Open University. This is not a decision to rush and i want to be sure i choose something that i love and will be of relevance. There are a few degrees that have caught my eye so have sent off for the prospectus and will be researching further. Hopefully i'll have a lightbulb moment and will know exactly what to do.

Phew, that was a lot of writing. But in my defence i did have four months to catch up on. If you got this far thank you for sticking with the post!

What foods do you love? Do you exercise? Is health and fitness something you're interested in? How do you feel about 'the future'? Have you studied with or know someone who's studied with Open Uni? What degree did you do at uni? I would love to know your thoughts and opinions so please feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment