Wednesday 3 August 2011

Hola Ombre



Today, after much umming and ahhing, i decided to dye my hair ombre style. It's the popular hair trend where your hair goes from being dark at the roots to being very light at the ends.

I was apprehensive to dye it myself as the last time i attempted to lighten my hair it went quite wrong. Ginger roots anyone? I used a L'Oreal hair dye made for dark hair but it was awful. It completely mucked up the colour and made my hair dry and when it was wet it  terribly knotty. After looking it up it seems the product was faulty. I found out that L'Oreal products are infamous for turning hair ginger as they don't put any kind of blue or purple toner in their hair dye. After that awful experience i swore i would never dye my hair myself again....

However a year on i managed to build up the courage to lighten my hair again. I've always liked beachy, messy hair and i always wear my hair wavy so i decided ombre would be the way to go. I looked up 'diy ombre hair' online and found llymrs post on how she did it. The only thing that made my heart sink was the she had used a L'Oreal highlighting product. After more investigation i found Lily re-did her hair with a Jerome Russell kit and her hair was very blonde at the ends (much like how i had envisaged mine). I proceeded then to look up reviews to see if anyone had experienced any disasters and thankfully no one had so then and there i new this was the kit for me.

Plucked up the courage this morning and with a little help from my mum, two thirty minutes applications i am now sporting the ombre style. I am more than happy with how it turned out. The dye exceeded my expectations and i was left with lovely caramel tones and not a smidgen of ginger in sight.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. hi, kelcie! you're so young and so talented. love the way you write, and i enjoyed your posts. you're a pretty girl. :) following you via bloglovin' and google from usa. :) i'd be honored if you decided to do the same. :) wishing you all the best on your new blog. :) have a great day!
    xoxo
    jasmine
    http://adamalexmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely comment :) And thank you for following me! Your blog is fab so i have happily followed you back. Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day :) xxx

      Delete