Tuesday 21 February 2012

(Mc)Queen of my Heart


McQueen showcased their McQ A/W collection yesterday at London Fashion Week. One thing to note about me is that i am completely obsessed with Alexander McQueen and think they can do no wrong so am probably biased. I have always loved the creativity and detail behind McQueen's creations and love how the shows are more like an art exhibition than a regular catwalk show.



As you can see by the pictures the main colours are deep greens, navys and reds and blacks. The collection starts off very military with khaki greens and uniform like shoulders and pockets and ends up feminine gothic with velvet jackets and velvet floral detailing on tulle skirts. I think the flower dresses are beautiful. You can zoom in to the photos on Vogue's website and see how amazing the colours and detailing are. Love the shade of red used; very rich and luxurious. And it wouldn't be McQueen without a bit of kilt and tartan!

I think the collection is gorgeous and actually very wearable. I can't wait for the Alexander McQueen A/W collection showing at Paris Fashion Week. It's the last show so i'm hoping they are leaving the best till last.

2 comments:

  1. McQueen never fails! I love all these looks!

    :)
    xx

    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/
    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/
    http://daydreamfrenzy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have kind of abandoned this blog for a couple of months but going to start posting regularly again so would love for you to follow me :) I've just followed your blog; it's fab xx

    ReplyDelete